Monday was play day in “The City” for Barb and me. Her first time in New York and we wore out our shoes! Here is a quick snapshot of what we did…
- Met with the sister of a good friend who works at Viacom in Times Square. We atebreakfast with her and got a nice tour of the Paramount Pictures preview theatre and other cool things, including Forrest Gump’s bench.
- We went to the Top of the Rock…Rockefeller Center. Some 70+ stories in the air, we had the best 360 degree view of the area. It was a beautiful day, so ideal to view Central Park, the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, and New Jersey.
- We attended Mass at St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
- I bought a very cool fedora after gaining text affirmation from my daughters.
- Lunch at the Pershing Cafe next to Grand Central Station. We also “toured” Grand Central, including the market.
- A hike to Central Park, where we found a comfy bench and relaxed in the sun.
- A fun night with friends who live here – Times Square and then a subway trip to Soho to eat at the oldest pizzeria in the country, Lombardi’s. We ate….pizza!
That was a full day. Stay tuned for our further adventures…
2012 Dan Weedin. All Rights Reserved